Monday, July 23, 2012

The 18 Reasons I Still Breastfeed My Toddler

The  18  Reasons I Still Breastfeed My Toddler

1) Because it is still mutually desired.
2) Because our pediatrician continues to root us on and tell us to keep doing what we are doing since it's working for our family.
3) Because all of your little gross facial expressions and comments like "Are you still doing that!?" while I am nursing is not only not supportive, but kind of funny. Um, yes, as you can see...I am still doing THAT.
4) Because while she has days that she eats a lot of food, I like having the backup nutrition so she can learn to gently accept food. It continues to make mealtime fun and exciting...for all of us.
5) Because she HATES any other milk and we are continuing to gently introduce it to her.
6) Because I said so and I am the mom...that's why.
7) Because our instincts as a family dictate what we do and we love it.
8) Because my husband is amazing and loves that his daughter is still nursing anywhere and everywhere.
9) Because I am a built in first-aid kit and I need it...I am not organized...I never will be...but I will carry around a wonderful solution to bee stings (I have tried it on myself twice), poison ivy, clogged tear ducts, ear infections, scrapes, mosquito bites etc...
10) Because she will only be in this stage for a short time frame
11) Because I just ate an entire row of double stuffed oreos after two slices of pizza and that is better than any beer ever!
12) Because I am starting to be able to enjoy that glass of wine and not fear that she will need to nurse soon
13) Because I have wonderful boobs that help me reach my goal of being MILF status.
14) Because I get that you didn't want to breastfeed...and that you wanted to formula feed, but I am lazy!
15) Because it's a built in comfort tool that seems to help a boo-boo in ten seconds flat
16) Because  who doesn't laugh at the strange positions a toddler can take on while defying gravity and remaining latched.
17) Because I respect all parent's decisions to feed their child with love and respect and this is my way!
18) Because I have a built in nose picker, mouth/teeth picker or hairbrush

What did you just eat?
What's that in your nose?
HA you forgot to take away my toy!


zzzzzzz...didn't think your nip could bend like that huh?

B/c I can lay a floor and nurse at the same time! 


B/c I can sail a boat and nurse at the same time!

Because this stage will not last forever

Even Mommies need to brush their teeth from time to time


With all of these moments...I would not change a single thing! I am not knocking formula or bottle feeding...I am simply sharing my personal reasons for "extended" nursing...why? Because!

No comments:

Post a Comment