Sunday, October 14, 2012

My husband...the truest caveman

My husband....the truest caveman...was born to be an attachment parent before knowing the name for it. He has been the one that shrugged his shoulders as I explored this "eye opening" concept of listening to my gut. He would look at me and say, "I don't know Er...it just feels right! Who cares what a book says...I know what my daughter needs". My GOD I love this man!

It is so important to have support in your decisions and to have a partner stand by you as you journey on this path of parenthood...and I am so grateful for him...He is the one that settled me down when Took was young and said, "Bring her into bed with us"...DUH!! Why didn't I think of that!? But the truth is, I did think of it...but at the time I was so unsure of what was right and what was wrong....based on standards that I didn't understand.

He was the one that said, "She needs the boob...Just give it to her" in the beginning when I was "nervous" that she was nursing so frequently. DUH!! Why didn't I think of that? BUT I DID...I was afraid to trust myself..and then when he said it, I was shocked...

I still sit back and smile as I watch him gently parent our strong, confident and independent toddler with a smile on his face and in his voice....What an amazing caveman <3

No comments:

Post a Comment